To our Napa Valley Dentistry Community,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and we look forward to slowly and safely getting back to the things we love to do – like take care of your teeth and see your smiling face again. Of course, we want to do this in the safest and most comfortable way possible. As such, we’ve had to redesign how we do some basic things around our office. We’ve seen many changes over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and life as we know it will change for a while.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control and safety in our dental office has always been a top priority for our practice and hopefully have observed this while in our office. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We always strive to go above and beyond the safety measures recommended, and now is no exception. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. As such, after closing our office for two months to all visits except for emergency appointments, we are now reopening our practice for preventative and regular dental appointments!
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
Some changes you will see:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office and will be asked to complete some screening forms electronically before your appointment.
- We are designing a safer customer service process so that all forms, billing, and payment information is done electronically. We will no longer be mailing statements for this reason.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed, as well as when you leave the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- You will be asked to wait in your car or outside of the reception area and we will text you or call you when we are ready for you. We will of course do our best not to make you wait.
- We offer CareCredit if you would like to finance your dental care. Please see our website or contact our Front Desk Team
- “Touchless Remote Front Desk Team” – we are proud to say we have the technology necessary to operate a “touchless” system where you will not have to touch a pen, an ipad, or even hand us a form of payment. Our front desk staff will connect with you more than ever before over the phone, by email, and by text.
- We will process your administrative request through digital messages like text and email.
- You will notice a few additional steps in our appointment booking process. The team will reach out to you before any upcoming appointment with some simple digital screening forms. Kindly fill them out and return them to us.
- Upon our receiving the forms, you will be invite to schedule your appointment
- Denise and Lisa will obtain insurance updates and a credit card on file to secure all appointment times. For any questions, they are a simple call, text, or email away.
- After your visit, our team will call you directly to schedule any further appointments.
- Should you need us at any time, you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 707-255-2832.
Sincerely, Dr. Justin Newberry, Dr. Amanda Silverman and Our Entire Team